Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OFF TOPIC] Help with Acronyms!
Busterbob Offline
Posted: 12-16-2014, 04:34 PM

Thanks Received: 1 in 1 posts

Hello, I am new to your forum, and wanted to compliment you on the cleanliness, structure and great care you have taken to develop this fine forum. I am not new to devices, as I have many, and typically I collect most of my 'tech' information from the 'other' xda-guys. It is always great to have a new face on the block, so I am glad I found your group.

Although I am familiar with a multitude of windows, iOS, android, other devices, typically I work with the manufacturer's pre-installed operating system. I have only rooted one of my devices (my HTC EVO 4G), simply because in my mind the increased speeds/functionality, does not justify the cost of a 'bricked' or unrepairable (by me) device.

I am reaching out and trying to learn more about custom ROM's, and the detailed processes taken to install them on specific devices. With that said, PLEASE HELP! I am new to your forum and do not understand many of your acronyms. I have performed Google searches on many of your terms, but I still have not found definitions for many of your terms/acronyms. This 'discovery' is very time consuming, frustrating, and wastes so much time, plus, I am getting older and I have a reduced attention span.

Would it be possible to create a topic, thread, other for: Acronyms, terms and definitions? I have seen a few over on the xda forum, but it would be wonderful to have such a reference on this site, one that is specific to your conversations. This would be especially useful for new forum members (those of us who are not yet oriented to your custom forum-speak-eze), and others who won't admit that they have no idea as to the correct definition of the acronym WTHDTM (What The Heck Does This Mean).

Again, kudos to your site! I know that adding a reference area, such as the one I requested, takes a bit of time, but from an overall forum view... well, such a reference area will only enhance the thrill of your 'end-user' experience (Plus, double new member signups... And will most likely win awards for Best online phone developer's forum for 2014-15!).

I look forward to great discussions! Kindest regards.

Bob Wilson
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user says Thank You to Busterbob for this post

droidriven Offline
Posted: 12-18-2014, 02:04 PM

Thanks Received: 1 in 1 posts

(12-16-2014, 04:34 PM)Busterbob Wrote: Hello, I am new to your forum, and wanted to compliment you on the cleanliness, structure and great care you have taken to develop this fine forum. I am not new to devices, as I have many, and typically I collect most of my 'tech' information from the 'other' xda-guys. It is always great to have a new face on the block, so I am glad I found your group.

Although I am familiar with a multitude of windows, iOS, android, other devices, typically I work with the manufacturer's pre-installed operating system. I have only rooted one of my devices (my HTC EVO 4G), simply because in my mind the increased speeds/functionality, does not justify the cost of a 'bricked' or unrepairable (by me) device.

I am reaching out and trying to learn more about custom ROM's, and the detailed processes taken to install them on specific devices. With that said, PLEASE HELP! I am new to your forum and do not understand many of your acronyms. I have performed Google searches on many of your terms, but I still have not found definitions for many of your terms/acronyms. This 'discovery' is very time consuming, frustrating, and wastes so much time, plus, I am getting older and I have a reduced attention span.

Would it be possible to create a topic, thread, other for: Acronyms, terms and definitions? I have seen a few over on the xda forum, but it would be wonderful to have such a reference on this site, one that is specific to your conversations. This would be especially useful for new forum members (those of us who are not yet oriented to your custom forum-speak-eze), and others who won't admit that they have no idea as to the correct definition of the acronym WTHDTM (What The Heck Does This Mean).

Again, kudos to your site! I know that adding a reference area, such as the one I requested, takes a bit of time, but from an overall forum view... well, such a reference area will only enhance the thrill of your 'end-user' experience (Plus, double new member signups... And will most likely win awards for Best online phone developer's forum for 2014-15!).

Bob Wilson
What acronyms do you speak of? Familiarity with your device will clear SOME of that up, as for acronyms on processes, programs, files, and commands, comprehension of those will come when you actually get into working on your device. Its kinda hard to stand on the sidelines and learn, you gotta get on the field and put yourself in the game if you want to understand the sport.

Sent from my SCH-S968C
[+] 1 user says Thank You to droidriven for this post
rwilco12 Offline
Administrator
Posted: 12-27-2014, 07:46 AM

Thanks Received: 94 in 69 posts

(12-16-2014, 04:34 PM)Busterbob Wrote: Hello, I am new to your forum, and wanted to compliment you on the cleanliness, structure and great care you have taken to develop this fine forum. I am not new to devices, as I have many, and typically I collect most of my 'tech' information from the 'other' xda-guys. It is always great to have a new face on the block, so I am glad I found your group.

Bob Wilson

Welcome to the forums Bob! We're glad to have you and thank you for your feedback as well as your kind words. Emotion_smile

I am definitely open to creating a reference area but as @droidriven says it is really something you have to dive in to. I want to put put something together but need some help determining what needs to go into it. Would you be willing to help me put together a list of the words/terms/acronyms you think should be included and then I can come up with the definitions and the area to put them?

Thanks!
[+] 1 user says Thank You to rwilco12 for this post

Contact Us | Rwilco12's Android Repository | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication