Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SU Binary needs to be updated
citius Offline
Posted: 12-09-2014, 06:47 AM

Thanks Received: 0 in 0 posts

Hi again,

I really need some advice, I've tried to figure this out myself for a few weeks and nothing seems to work, so I have to ask the professional.

I have the Spring Note 2 and I'm currently running the beta version of 1.2 and it works great. The only problem I've had is my bluetooth refused to work until I reset the phone. That only happened once and everything else seems to work fine. However that is not my main problem.

I rooted this using Odin, following the directions on this site: http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2...-sph-l900/

I currently have SU 1.51 installed and every other day or so it says that SU BINARY has to be updated and my root access is gone.

I then go into recovery and reinstall the same file again and it works for a few days then it goes bad again. I tried using a newer version of SU 2.5### and it does nothing but stop all google apps from working and I have no access to the phone and have no other option than to wipe and do a fresh install of your rom (which is awesome). I did everything I could find on the net to resolve this, but nothing seems to work permanently.

If you could point me in the right direction it would be great. Please keep in mind that I only want to use your stock rom.

Thanks ahead of time! Hope to hear from you soon.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

rwilco12 Offline
Administrator
Posted: 12-10-2014, 10:09 PM

Thanks Received: 94 in 69 posts

(12-09-2014, 06:47 AM)citius Wrote: Hi again,

I really need some advice, I've tried to figure this out myself for a few weeks and nothing seems to work, so I have to ask the professional.

I have the Spring Note 2 and I'm currently running the beta version of 1.2 and it works great. The only problem I've had is my bluetooth refused to work until I reset the phone. That only happened once and everything else seems to work fine. However that is not my main problem.

I rooted this using Odin, following the directions on this site: http://galaxynote2root.com/galaxy-note-2...-sph-l900/

I currently have SU 1.51 installed and every other day or so it says that SU BINARY has to be updated and my root access is gone.

I then go into recovery and reinstall the same file again and it works for a few days then it goes bad again. I tried using a newer version of SU 2.5### and it does nothing but stop all google apps from working and I have no access to the phone and have no other option than to wipe and do a fresh install of your rom (which is awesome). I did everything I could find on the net to resolve this, but nothing seems to work permanently.

If you could point me in the right direction it would be great. Please keep in mind that I only want to use your stock rom.

Thanks ahead of time! Hope to hear from you soon.

This one is tricky. Unfortunately there is something in the binary updates that breaks root on the Note 2. Most people have opted to install the old version of the app and then turn off auto updates. When prompted to update binaries ignore the prompt and you should be good to go.

I would recommend doing a dirty install of the ROM to get the version of the app and binaries I packed it with and then turn off the updates at that point.

Hopefully we'll see a real fix soon.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Contact Us | Rwilco12's Android Repository | Return to Top | | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication